Just a disclaimer, I have serious problems with Men’s Rights and any other anti-feminist group. However, despite mention of patriarchy and privilege and the fact that I believe those things are very real, this post is not meant to be taken as an attack or an invitation to have a debate. I also use some anti-feminist vocabulary in a tongue-in-cheek way. It’s all in good fun and there is no venom behind this idea. Maybe some barbs, but they are lighthearted barbs.
ANYWAY, the general idea is that you play one of two classes, the White Knight or the Harpy (despite the real-world implication of gender, these characters are not confined to a specific gender). It is multiplayer (seemingly all my game concepts are, but I digress), with co-op and a story mode. The game itself I imagine being isometric or top-down. The feminists are guerrilla rebels sabotaging and assaulting the Patriarchy.
The Patriarchy is vast, funded, and organized because it has been in power for hundreds of years, their tech is advanced and sleek and their army is massive. The feminists have more of a piecemeal steampunk kind of feel, more junky tech and they live outside of the cities. I picture them with warpaint also, because what’s a badass rebellion without warpaint? So hopefully that’s enough exposition for right now, here are the character details:
White Knight - This class is mainly focused on Tanking and Support, meaning that White Knights boost and protect party members. They are equipped with a shield and a power gauntlet.
- Basic Attack: The White Knight fires a blast out of their power gauntlet, the projectiles are slow, hard-hitting and knock enemies back a little bit. UPGRADE: Hold the attack button to bash enemies (in a frontal cone) with your shield and stun them for a short time.
- Girl Power: A temporary buff that boosts the attack power of all nearby allies. UPGRADE: Allies will also regain energy at an accelerated rate.
- Double Standard: A quick counter-attack that reflects all damage back at a target. UPGRADE: All damage done will completely bypass Privilege (Privilege is enemy armor, basically).
- Attention Seeker: A summoned decoy that encourages all nearby enemies to attack it. UPGRADE: Enemies are Blinded with rage when they hit the decoy, reducing their chance to hit.
- Friend Zone: An aura that boosts the defense of any ally within range of the caster. UPGRADE: Allies also receive a heal-over-time effect.
Harpy - This class is mainly focused on Debuffing and Control, meaning that Harpies weaken enemies and keep them out of the fight. They are equipped with two winged power gauntlets.
- Basic Attack: The Harpy fires blasts out of their power gauntlets, the projectiles are rapid with somewhat light damage. UPGRADE: Hold and release the attack button to charge up and hurl an area-of-effect blast from your power gauntlets that does heavy damage on several enemies.
- Privilege Check: A proximity trap that reduces Privilege in non-elite enemies to zero, elites take a smaller but still substantial hit to Privilege. UPGRADE: The trap also deals major damage-over-time.
- Emasculate: An area-of-effect debuff that reduces enemy attack power. UPGRADE: Affected enemies also have slowed movement speed for a short time.
- Misandry: A close-range Fear effect causing enemies to flee in terror. UPGRADE: The Fear effect is now infectious, it will spread to any enemy that comes within range of the original target.
- Reverse Sexism: A ranged attack which drains enemy Privilege and applies the value directly to player health. UPGRADE: The enemy is also Silenced for a short time.
Now for the enemies!
Misters - Also known as the Men’s Rights Defense Militia, they are an army of straight white males that will defend the Patriarchy till the very end. When in combat they shout things like “You’ll not have my foreskin, feminist!” and “Argh, I’ve been spermjacked!” Dedicated and militarized, these are the most common units of the game. There are several different types however, including:
- MR Doxxer - While his damage is marginal, the Doxxer can be a very dangerous debuffer. He will use threats and personal information to expose the player to Weakness effects and Silence the player.
- MR Troll - Higher damage than the Doxxer, charges at players and uses head-on attacks and occasional Blindness effects by driving the player into a disoriented rage.
- MR Niceguy - This enemy is mostly harmless at first, however if you can’t kill him quickly he will buff himself with an Enrage effect called Impotent Rage, which causes him to have much higher damage and attack speed.
The Patriarchy - Another faction is the Patriarchy proper, these are the guys that are behind the scenes. The big bad of the game. Although they don’t have an official army, they are hard at work developing creatures and machines to destroy the feminist resistance, such as:
- Straw Feminist - A shambling, hollow abomination originally created to infiltrate their ranks and destroy feminism from the inside out. They are a failed experiment though as they just groan things like “mandatory castration…” serving mostly as fodder that gets in the player’s way.
- Alpha - A wolf-man hybrid elite enemy. It’s fast, strong, and it uses negging techniques to debuff the player’s defense.
- P4TRI-ARC - An elite hovering driod that fires several projectiles out of its three barrel cannon, reloads, then dashes quickly out of range.
While there will be main bosses as well, I haven’t really conceptualized any. One thing I feel really passionate about however is that Patriarchy itself will NOT be a boss. I much more like the idea of your players assaulting the Patriarchives (the office building in the center of the city) only to discover that the Patriarchy is not an unstoppable force or a massive behemoth, rather it is a system of data and code. So you run through the office, destroying all of the servers (while fending off MRDM soldiers and elites) all the while these frightened little office workers run away and scream in the background. Kind of cementing the idea that these are the people that maintain the Patriarchy, they are not powerful, they are timid dorks that are afraid of losing their foothold in the power structure they built.